Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe:
For me, making homemade bread is a one-of-a-kind experience. There is something special in knowing that my grandmother used to make that kind of bread every time my family and I went to visit her. The inviting smell of bread that’s baking, that we would notice the second we walked through her doorstep, is one of my favorite childhood memories. That is why I love making bread for my family so that they can be the part of my family tradition, as well. I truly enjoy trying out various kinds of bread recipes, from salty to sweet (though I prefer sweet), and one of my favorites are Cinnamon Raisin bread recipes (sometimes I bake bread in the oven and sometimes, when I don’t feel like working too much, I just put it in the bread machine).
So, today, I’m going to share these super delicious, sweet bread recipes that you can eat in the morning, for lunch, or simply as brunch (when you need some sugar). Let’s dive into the world of the homemade bread, and enjoy the process, shall we?
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
Prep time: 15-30 mins Baking time: 40-50 mins Total time: 1 ½ hour Serve: 1 loaf of bread
- ¾ slightly warm milk
- ½ cup dried cranberries, raisins, or whatever else dried fruit you like (I prefer raisins)
- 2 Tablespoons butter (should be soft)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup sugar (you can use brown sugar as well)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 to ¼ slightly warm water (a smaller amount is used under humid conditions; a larger one is used in winter, or In a dry climate area)
- 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast or instant yeast
- Place all the ingredients in a larger bowl, and mix with a mixer, or by hand. The final result should be soft and well-combined dough.
- When the dough looks nice, round it and then transfer into another, oiled bowl. Leave it for 2 – 2, 5 hours to rise. It should be bulky and puffy, but it doesn’t have to rise too much.
- When the dough has risen enough, gently form it into a log and place it in a greased loaf pan. Next, use greased plastic wrap, or aluminum foil to cover the pan. Let the dough rise one more time, till it reaches the top of the pan. After that, turn on the oven and let it preheat, on 350 degrees F.
- The next step is to uncover the risen dough and use a silicone brush to put milk. Sprinkle the loaf with the cinnamon-sugar combination, to get that unique aroma.
- Bread should bake for around 45 minutes, depending on your oven. Just make sure to stay close to the oven, so that you can easily check the bread. When the bread is golden brown, check it if it’s done.
- The last step is to remove the bread and place it on a rack and let it cool. Don’t eat it while it’s still hot because your stomach certainly won’t like that.
- You can serve the bread with honey and butter or with strawberry jam. Or be creative, and try out something new! I personally love to drink a cup of milk while eating a slice of this amazing bread. Bon appetite!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe II version
For those of you who love homemade bread, but actually don’t want to deal with making one, there is this clever recipe, for baking cinnamon raisin bread in a bread machine. This is especially great if you have kids, as you can set the delay timer and the bread will be ready for your kids when they come back from school. That way, they can always eat fresh bread.
Prep time: 15 mins Baking time: It depends on your bread machine Servings: 1.5 pounds loaf of bread
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 deciliters water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil or soft butter
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup raisins (or whatever else dried fruit you like)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- Place all the ingredients (except raisins or other dried fruit) in an inner pan of your bread machine. If your machine doesn’t show which would be the right order for adding the ingredients, then add liquids first, dry ingredients next, and yeast in the end.
- Select cycle for “sweet bread”, light or medium crust, and 5-pound loaf. Then start the unit. When your machine sounds an alarm (that “beep” sound), you should add raisins. This will happen after half an hour in the baking process.
- If your bread machine does come with a viewing window, feel free to open it at any time, in order to check on the dough. In case the dough sticks to the sides of the inner pan, use a spatula to un-stick it.
- When your bread is finally done, you can leave it on a “keep warm” mode (if you must). However, I do recommend you taking it out immediately because it will become dry or the crust can become too stiff. Place the bread on a rack to cool, for around 20 minutes (or more, your choice) and then slice it with a bread knife.
- Serve it with jam, honey, and butter, or toppings.
Tips for storing homemade bread:
Homemade bread should be kept in plastic and stored in a dry and cool place. But, if there is the slightest possibility of moisture being present, don’t do this. Another way to keep your homemade bread fresh is to wrap it up in a clean and dry kitchen towel and then store it in a paper bag.
Well, that is all from me, my friends. Hopefully, this article brought you new insights on making homemade bread. Keep in mind the tips for storing the bread, so that you don’t have to make new one every day.